Giant Paper Mache Nutcracker, Part 1

I had often thought that my collected juice cartons could make a really cool giant paper mache figure, so with my Nutcracker theme going on this year, I guess it was only a matter of time before I put the two together. This figure is made from heavy cardboard cartons that contain 12 of the pouch-type juices. There are many brands, but the sizes are all the same and the boxes are all wonderfully strong.
I started by heavily taping together the arms, legs, body and head with packing tape as shown in the line drawing above. (The head is made of two large cardboard tubs that I retrieved from my corner frozen yogurt shop.) Although this photo shows the nutcracker body all attached, I just taped the arms, legs, body and head as sections, and did not first connect them together. This allowed 6 groups of kids the ability to mache each section at their own table. They had a blast and begged to be the ones to paint the final piece.
You have read this article 3rd grade / 4th grade / 5th grade / paper mache with the title Giant Paper Mache Nutcracker, Part 1. You can bookmark this page URL http://anitalaydonmillersmiddlegradeblog.blogspot.com/2006/06/giant-paper-mache-nutcracker-part-1.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Giant Paper Mache Nutcracker, Part 1"

Post a Comment