A Moment from my HOPE Art Haiti Trip

Last week, while working with orphans in the front courtyard of our hotel, a pretty amazing little moment happened. A food delivery truck arrived, accompanied by a truckload of armed UN guards who circled the grounds while the goods were unloaded. Either out of curiousity or seeking shade, I'm not sure which, the guards soon ended up nearby, watching what our kids were doing. Mimi noticed that the guns were making some of the kids a little nervous, so she told the guards that if they wanted to stay, they needed to put down their guns and join the kids. And you know what? They did! I guess a little art chutzpah can go a long way. If you want to know how they felt about it, just check out the parting shot.

To see see all my posts made on my Haiti trip, just click on the “Haiti Trip” label.
You have read this article Haiti with the title A Moment from my HOPE Art Haiti Trip. You can bookmark this page URL http://anitalaydonmillersmiddlegradeblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/a-moment-from-my-hope-art-haiti-trip.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Moment from my HOPE Art Haiti Trip"

Post a Comment