Fall Landscape Drawing

My first step in teaching perspective drawing is that foreground features are larger than similar background features. I recenty showed my new kinders how to apply this concept when drawing a landscape. 
1. I demonstrated how to draw a large tree to establish the foreground and how adding a horizon line and smaller trees creates a distant background. They then added any details the wished.
2. They traced their pencil drawings with black Sharpies.
3. The drawings were completed with color pencils.
Can you believe this adorable drawing was made by a kinder? Thanks to Koa for letting me share his artwork.
You have read this article 0 grade / 1st grade / 2nd grade / 3rd grade / 4th grade / 5th grade / fall / perspective with the title Fall Landscape Drawing. You can bookmark this page URL http://anitalaydonmillersmiddlegradeblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/fall-landscape-drawing.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Fall Landscape Drawing"

Post a Comment