This project is possible only because I found a great source for paper crepe tape at Red Bow Studios on Etsy. The many colors and widths you can buy make this window a cinch to create.
1. Students choose a color photo from a magazine that interests them in some way. They cut it out and glue it down with a glue stick.
2. If possible, they use a wide tape to outline their photo, and a thin one to make a bar going across and and down.
3. I’m still using my Strathmore Art Journal Kits that come with several pattern paper pages. Students will cut out curtain shapes and glue them over the sides of the window with a glue stick.
4. Little tape sashes may be added on top if desired.
5. Students are to think about where they would be if they saw this image outside their window. An explanation, along with description, is written around the window with a gel pen.
You have read this article 0 grade / 1st grade / 2nd grade / 3rd grade / 4th grade / 5th grade / Strathmore Art Journals with the title “Where Am I?” Art Journal Page. You can bookmark this page URL http://anitalaydonmillersmiddlegradeblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/where-am-i-art-journal-page.html. Thanks!